Samsung Galaxy S4 is indeed one of the most popular smartphones that is available in the market. Although it is almost two years old, this mobile is one of the best Android Smartphones money can buy. Every gadget that is released has its share of glitches and duds and it is likely that user concerned will inevitably encounter issues. The same is true with Samsung S4 and it is not free from errors and problems. In fact many users have complained about some pressing Samsung Galaxy S4 issues they have encountered just few days after buying this device.
Here, we are going to have a look at 5 common Samsung Galaxy S4 issues and offer you solutions and workarounds to fix the issue and soothe your pain.
(1) Lagging(Samsung Galaxy S4 Issues): This device seems to lag more often with no apparent reasons. Many people agree that these lags are caused by some bloatware that makes TouchWiz to freeze abruptly at frequent intervals of time. In order to fix this problem, you need to disable all the useless apps and other services. To do this, you need to go to Settings >> More >> Application Manager >> All. You need to tap the apps that you want to disable.
[Recommended Articles – Top 10 Himalayan Treks]
(2) Random Rebooting(Samsung Galaxy S4 Issues): The mobile will start abruptly from time to time and that too without any obvious triggers. To fix this problem you can update to the latest software by going to the Settings menu. Sometimes there is an application that causes this problem and in order to fix this issue, you need to restart your mobile in Safe Mode by pressing the Power and Volume down button. This random booting is sometimes attributed to incompatible memory card with Samsung parts. If there is a Micro SD card, you need to remove it and see if the problem persists or not.
(3) Storage Problems(Samsung Galaxy S4 Issues): Have you bought a 32 GB Samsung Galaxy S4 and you find that it has just 17 GB of free space? The preloaded applications and the Android operating system have consumed the rest of the storage space? To fix this problem, you can root the mobile and get rid of the bloatware and it will make some extra space available for you. Alternatively, you can buy a memory card or use cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive to store your data.
(4) Battery Drain(Samsung Galaxy S4 Issues): It is a very common problem that almost all S4 users are facing. People complain about recharging their phone after every 6 hours and the battery is draining very fast; although it comes with 2600maAH capacity. There are few things you can do to last your battery long. The screen brightness should be adjusted to low level and avoid using any wallpaper. This will avoid the Samsung parts in your device to become hot. Turn on the Power Saving mode and turn off Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Wi-Fi when they are not in use. The screen timeout duration should be set short and you should disable sync. In this way you can resolve the battery issue in your S4.
(5) Overheating(Samsung Galaxy S4 Issues): Many people have reported about getting the device become hot or warm at times especially while playing games or watching videos. If you are not using the device extensively, then it is likely that it has some hardware issues and there are some problems with the internal Samsung parts. Contact your retailer and see if you are able to get a replacement or not. If the problem is because of some software issues, get your phone updated. Sometimes rogue applications can make your S4 overheat and to fix this, you need to update the app.
These are some of the common Samsung Galaxy S4 issues that people have come across in this smartphone. However it is to be noted that these are minor problems and can be rectified by adhering to the tips and techniques mentioned above. Every smartphone has its pros and cons and no mobile is free from demerits. Just because Samsung Galaxy S4 has some issues does not mean that it is a bad mobile. It is one of the sought over mobile phone in the market next to iPhone. A very nice smartphone with state of the art features and other benefits that makes it one of the best phone in industry.